At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution, processing almost 11.6 million payments for our customers per day. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them send money without sharing financial information and with the flexibility to pay using their PayPal account balances, bank accounts, PayPal Credit and credit cards. With our 165 million active customer accounts, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in 203 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies. PayPal is an eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) company. In September 2014, eBay Inc. announced the planned separation of eBay and PayPal into independent publicly traded companies in 2015. More information about PayPal can be found at www.paypal.com and www.paypal-media.com. More information about the planned separation of eBay and PayPal can be found at update.ebayinc.com.
- PayPal has 165 million active customer accounts and is available in 203 markets.
- PayPal helps people and businesses accept and make payments in more than 100 different currencies and withdraw money from their PayPal accounts to their bank accounts in 57 different currencies.
- PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, California. Its European headquarters is in Luxembourg and its international headquarters is located in Singapore.
People and businesses can also hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 different currencies including the U.S. Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Taiwan New Dollar, New Zealand Dollar, Euro, Swiss Franc, Czech Koruna, Swedish Krona, Danish Krone, Norwegian Krone, Hungarian Forint, Mexican Peso, Philippine Peso, Malaysian Ringgit, Chinese RMB, Israeli New Shekel, Pounds Sterling, Brazilian Real, Polish Zloty, Thai Baht, Turkish Lira, Japanese Yen and Russian Ruble.
Q4 2014 FINANCIAL METRICS
- PayPal revenues represented 44% of eBay Inc. revenues in Q4 2014.
- PayPal revenues for Q4 2014 were $2.16 billion, growing 18% year over year.
- PayPal’s international business generated $1.1 billion in revenue in Q4 2014, and international revenue grew at a rate of 17% year over year.
- In Q4 PayPal’s international revenue represented more than half of PayPal’s total revenue.
- PayPal’s net Total Payment Volume**, the total value of transactions in Q4 2014 was $64.3 billion, up 24% year over year.
- Merchant Services net Total Payment Volume was $48.6 billion in Q4 2014, up 33% year over year.
- Merchant Services net Total Payment Volume as a percent of net Total Payment Volume was 76% in Q4 2014.
- On-eBay net Total Payment Volume was $15.7 billion in Q4 2014, or 24% of net Total Payment Volume.
- PayPal transacted more than $485,000 in Total Payment Volume every minute in Q4 2014.
- PayPal customers made 1.06 billion transactions*** in Q4 2014, or more than 11.5 million payments every day.
- PayPal maintains a very low loss rate of 0.32% or approximately one third of 1%.
- Braintree had 104 million cards on file for single-click/repeat purchase in Q4 2014, up 22% quarter over quarter.
- Venmo’s Total Payment Volume in Q4 2014 was $906 million, and grew 29% quarter over quarter.
2014 FULL-YEAR FINANCIAL METRICS
- PayPal’s 2014 annual revenue was $7.9 billion, up 19% year over year.
- PayPal’s revenues represented 44% of eBay Inc. revenues in 2014.
- PayPal’s net Total Payment Volume for 2014 was $228 billion, up 27% year over year representing approximately $624 million in payments every day.
- PayPal’s Merchant Services business processed $168 billion in Total Payment Volume in 2014, up 34% year over year.
- PayPal processed $46 billion in mobile payment volume in 2014, up 68% over 2013.
- In 2014, 20% of PayPal’s net Total Payment Volume was from mobile payments.
- More than a quarter of the payments made with PayPal in 2014 were made on a mobile device.
- Venmo’s Total Payment Volume for 2014 was $2.4 billion.
** Net Total Payment Volume(TPV):Total dollar volume of payments, net of payment reversals, successfully completed through our payments networks, including PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later), Venmo, and payments processed through Braintree’s full stack payments platform during the period; excludes payments sent or received through PayPal’s and Braintree’s payment gateway businesses.
*** Net Total Number of Payments:Total number of payments, net of payment reversals, successfully completed through our payments networks,includingPayPal Credit, Venmo and payments processed through Braintree’s full stack payments platform during the period; excludes payments sent or received through PayPal’s and Braintree’s payment gateway businesses.